Michael C. Kirkland
- Accredited Appraiser, (AACI, P. App) – Appraisal Institute – (AACI, P. App) – Appraisal Institute of Canada – 2004
- Canadian Residential Appraiser (CRA) – Appraisal Institute of Canada – 2003
- Memorial University of Newfoundland – Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – 1998
- 1998-2000 – Research Analyst – Royal LePage Commercial Eastern Inc.
- 2000-2002 – Property Manager – Perennial Management Ltd.
- 2002 – Present – Associate – Kirkland, Balsom & Associates – Atlantic Realty Advisors
During his employment with Kirkland, Balsom and Associates, Mike has obtained appraisal experience for both residential and commercial type properties. He has been involved in assignments that have been completed for purposes of sale, acquisition, assessment appeal, expropriation, insurance, financing and asset management. As a former property manager, he was responsible for management of the day-to-day operations of fifteen commercial and residential properties including condominiums, multi-tenant apartment buildings and retail plazas. Mike also has experience in commercial real estate sales and leasing and lease review/preparation. Mike has extensive experience working with major telecommunication companies . This involves all aspects of the site acquisition process regarding communication towers and rooftop antennas.
- Fully Accredited Member – Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Past President – Newfoundland Association of the Appraisal Institute of Canada
- St. John’s Board of Trade
- St. John’s Real Estate Board
- Public Relations Committee – Newfoundland Association of AIC
- Former Ambassador for St. John’s Board of Trade
- Former Director of Memorial Business Administration Society
Mike married his wife Allison in 2001 and they reside in St. John’s with their two sons. Mike enjoys volunteering and participating in sports such as golf, hockey and running.