Jerome M. Kirkland
Fellow – AIC
- Canadian Residential Appraiser (CRA) – Appraisal Institute of Canada – 1976
- Accredited Appraiser, (AACI, P. App) – Appraisal Institute of Canada – 1983
- 1972 -1976 – Parnham Appraisals
- 1976 -1979 – Partner – Parnum and Kirkland Appraisals
- 1979 – Present – Senior Partner – Kirkland, Balsom & Associates – Atlantic Realty Advisors
Mr. Kirkland has over 35 years fee appraisal experience, concentrated predominantly within Newfoundland. Assignments have been completed for purposes of sale, acquisition, assessment appeal, expropriation, capital gains, insurance, financing and asset management.
He has appeared as an Expert Witness before various judicial and quasi-judicial authorities throughout the province. He was a forming member of Atlantic Realty Advisors (ARA). In 1993, he was invited to join the Valuation Network, A national consortium of independent fee appraisers and consultants. He is past President of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, former member of the Professional Practice Committee of the AIC, Lecturer for the St. John’s Real Estate Board Orientation Program, past President of the Newfoundland Association of the AIC and has served the Executive in various capacities throughout the years. Mr Kirkland served as a Director of the St. John’s Board of Trade responsible for Municipal issues. He has written a newspaper column for The Telegram known as “Ask the Appraiser”.
- Fully Accredited Member – Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Fellow of the Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Canadian Property Tax Association (CPTA)
- St. John’s Board of Trade
- St. John’s Real Estate Board
- Vice President of The Rotary Club of St. John’s
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Supreme Court of Newfoundland
- Provincial Court of Newfoundland
- Arbitration Boards
- Assessment Review Court, various communities throughout Newfoundland
Mr. Kirkland was married to his wife Edwina in 1973 and they reside in St. John’s and have three children. Jerry is an active member of the local Rotary Club, a volunteer and enjoys golf and exercising.